A graduate (B.A.) of University of Toronto’s English Specialist Program, I have spent most of my career as a technical writer/editor and communications professional. From developing online help for geospatial education programs (Keigan Systems, 2001 – 2004), to editing and laying out Kevin O’Connor’s 11 books on tube electronics (1995 – present), I have spent a lot of time with print. More recently, as a communications employee for a local municipality (City of Thunder Bay, 2011 – 2017), I’ve been privileged to delve even further into media relations and advertising, both online and conventional.
In recent years while living, working and volunteering in the Thunder Bay area, I have honed my skills as a web developer, event promoter and advertiser. I can create print, graphic, and photographic content to develop a comprehensive advertising campaign.
- Website design/development/installation (including e-commerce)
- Search engine optimization (SEO) of websites
- Salvage/update of old websites
- Social media setup and maintenance
- Poster design
- Media releases, media advisories and public service announcements (PSAs)
- Writing of advertising copy
- Technical writing and editing
- Grant proposal development and writing
- For events, booking of: venue, audiovisual services, food catering